Saturday, December 15, 2012

The Chronic Turns 20 Years Old Today


I’m having a hard time believing that 20 years ago today, I walked into the local Warehouse w/ my older brother, with one task at hand, at all costs I had to buy Dr. Dre’s “The Chronic” CD.
The Chronic, an album that completely changed the landscape of Rap Music and how mainstream culture regarded how Hip Hop on a National level. Every state took notice of what was coming out of the Death Row Records camp and whether they wish to admit it or not, at that very moment, The West Coast had taken over the rap game.

Thanks to a team of devoted emcees & neighborhood homeboys (who were all to down to kick up dust,) even your favorite rappers, rapper was shook up about what would happen if they ran into Suge, Dre, Snoop, The Dogg Pound or any of their affiliates at that time. I can't even lie, this album changed my life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter