Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts w/ Bacon


Brussels Sprouts are something that for the life of me I could not make myself eat until I was a grown up. I could not wrap my head around any sort of fact that they were good for me or even worse, they might actually taste good. Well we all know the age of rule of thumb, if something doesn’t taste right naturally, fry it or Add Bacon. In this case we are going to choose the latter and roll with the punches.
Crispy bacon adds a great flavor as well as texture to Brussels Sprouts.
Serve them alongside a nice steak with Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes or alongside some pan seared Halibut. Those of you who do, will thank me later.
Enjoy!
(click read more for the entire recipe)

Ingredients:
4 Strips Thick-Cut Bacon
2 TBS Butter
1 Pound Brussels Sprouts, Halved
½ Large Onion, Medium Dice
Kosher Salt
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
¼ tsp Smoked Paprika


Directions:
Cook bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until crispy.
Remove to a paper towel-lined plate, then roughly chop
In same pan with bacon fat, melt butter over high heat.
Add onions, Brussels Sprouts, Paprika and cook, stirring occasionally, until sprouts are golden brown, 
8 to 10 minutes.
Season to taste with Kosher salt and pepper, then toss the bacon back into pan.
Serve immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter